Intuitive Eating: What It Is and Is Not with Jeff Ash
In this episode, we delve into the empowering world of intuitive eating. Join us as we explore the transformative journey of intuitive eating, a revolutionary anti-diet approach that goes beyond traditional restrictive methods. Jeff Ash shares valuable insights and practical tips on how to embrace intuitive eating principles for a healthier and more fulfilling relationship with food. Discover how this approach encourages a deeper understanding of your body's needs, intuitive hunger and fullness cues, and how to incorporate "Gentle Nutrition" for balanced, mindful food choices. Whether you're just starting out on your intuitive eating journey or seeking to enhance your well-being, this episode is a valuable resource to guide you towards a sustainable and positive lifestyle change.
About The Guests
Jeff is a MNU nutritionist, personal trainer, and Intuitive Eating coach. His goal is to help individuals and families transform their relationship with food and body all without restriction, guilt, or shame.
While he works with men, women, older children, and teens, he has a particular interest in helping men learn about the benefits of taking a weight-neutral, non-diet approach when it comes to feeding themselves and their families. This approach carries over into his work as a personal trainer.
This Episode Is A Must Listen For:
- Individuals who are interested in improving their relationship with food and their bodies.
- Those who have struggled with traditional dieting approaches and are looking for a more sustainable and empowering way to approach health and nutrition.
- Anyone curious about intuitive eating, gentle nutrition, and the psychological aspects of eating.
- Health and nutrition coaches, therapists, and professionals working in the wellness industry interested in understanding the principles of intuitive eating and how to approach coaching clients with a weight-neutral and non-diet perspective.
- The intuitive eating approach focuses on understanding one's needs and emotions rather than following rigid diets or numbers, making it more empowering and formative.
- Gentle nutrition is a principle within intuitive eating that involves consciously choosing nutrient-rich foods without restrictive dieting, making it a flexible and sustainable approach to health.
- Coaches should recognise that different coaching styles and approaches can work for different individuals, and it's essential to find a coaching style that aligns with their interests and preferences.
- Dieting may not address the root causes of issues related to eating behaviours and body image, whereas intuitive eating aims to address underlying problems, leading to a more holistic and sustainable approach to health.
- Starting intuitive eating can be done through one-on-one coaching, using self-guided resources like books or workbooks, or participating in group-based programs. It's crucial to avoid misleading information on social media and seek guidance from reliable sources. Intuitive eating can benefit both men and women, leading to personal growth and improved well-being.
- Jeff's Instagram is here
- Jeff's website is here
- You don't need to be disciplined to control your diet
- Is flexible dieting evidence based?
- Are you a coach and want to help your client beyond tracking macros?
- Struggling with your relationship with food? Click here
If you enjoyed this episode be sure to leave us a rating!